Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Friday, October 15, 2010

AQS quilt show

Last weekend my dear hubby sent to me on a bus trip to an AQS quilt show in Des Moines, IA.  They had over 1000 quilts on display and 300 vendors.  I got out of there with a t-shirt and a new Olfa circle cutter thingy.  Next year though, I think I'll save up and spend some money.  They sure had some bargains.  The quilts were beautiful and I thought I'd share a few.
such tiny little pieces
love the blue

wow

not sure how it happened, but this quilter got in my head and stole my idea that I've been tossing around for a few months now.  The only reason my bug quilt isn't done is because I haven't found enough bug fabric yet!

aren't the quilts a nice touch?

I'm a purple lover!

always wanted to try one of these!


sure looks like a lot of work

best of show!  Look closely at the quilting detail.
I sure hope you enjoy these pictures.  It was a great trip and I met lots of wonderful people.  I can't wait to go again next year!

2 comments:

  1. These Quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a COMPLEX watercolor quilt?

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RLrED9hAbFU/TLg9uw_XE2I/AAAAAAAAAM0/gXAe3pepgaA/s320/014.JPG

    I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete