Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Homework is taking up all my time!

School is keeping me way too busy.  I'm hoping to find one or two days to sew this week so I can start on some Husker quilts (I'm a Nebraskan!).  I did find time last week to make this really cute bag for Caitlyn.


I had the idea to do this and decided to use her softball shirt.  I figured she'd never notice or care because she hates the color pink.  I used an old pair of jeans for the lining but that didn't work out quite like I had imagined so I most likely won't do that again.  Caitlyn loved the bag and carried it school last week and now her friends want some too! 

I have pictures of some more "scrap busters" ready to go but we'll take a look at those next time.  I need to finish the binding on a quilt this week and then get to work on those Husker quilts.  I also bought some fabric to make myself a winter purse and I can't wait to get started on that.  I might even use an Amy Butler pattern that I couldn't resist.  I love her bags, I just wish they were a bit smaller.  I'm not real big on the BIG purses (unless we are traveling).  Hopefully I can get one made this week and put up pictures next week.  I hope you have a great week.  Think of me as I am studying or getting up at 3:30 in the morning in order to make it to clinicals on time.  I'm in my psych rotation.  Too many more early mornings and I will be a patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment