Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scrap Buster #3

As I cruise the blogs I've been seeing a lot of coin quilts and with my love for scraps thought I should try a scrappy coin quilt.  I decided to go with blue but didn't think I had enough for a quilt.  I asked 3 of my friends to trade me some of their blue scraps.  AFTER I asked for scraps, I sorted all of my scraps.  I had one grocery bag and 2 gallon zip log bags packed FULL of blue.  I guess I didn't need all their scraps but they sure added character to the quilt.  They all sent scraps but 2 of them wouldn't accept anything in exchange.  One box I got was pretty much cut into strips for me at 2.5" - How perfect!  And most of the fabrics in there were sooo my style!  I cut and I sewed and I ironed and I cut and I sewed and I ironed (refer to pics in last post) and Wa La!


Hopefully this gets off to the quilter this week.  I had a few leftovers from this and am already working on another layout!  Yay for scraps!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment