Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Saturday, June 4, 2011

A quilt top almost done and a creative little man!

I've been trying really hard to get my Log Cabin quilt finished and to the quilter this weekend but I'm about out of time.  My darker color choices were a little too dark but I like the secondary pattern they create!  I plan on putting on two borders and then taking it to my wonderful quilter.



I really need to plan a little better with my pictures and maybe pick up before taking the picture.  But. . . what fun would it be if you couldn't see how we really live?  Yep, it's usually a house full of  teenagers and a little guy in his underwear.  I'm just shocked my vacuum didn't make it into this picture cuz its sure in a lot of them.  Caitlyn didn't like the quilt when I showed it to her.  Then I showed her this picture and she got a whole different view of it and now likes it.  My husband really likes it and actually thought it was for us (its commissioned).  He was so sad that I decided to make us a Log Cabin quilt in the star burst layout.

I had planned on doing a scrappy blue coin quilt for our bed but I guess I'll go with the (much more difficult) Starburst one instead.  Oh the things we do for those we love!

Liam's new favorite thing is painting.  This week he painted a bird feeder and a small bird house (and the table, and his shirt, and himself, and anything else within 10 feet!).  He's quite the little artist.  I asked him what color these were and he said, "Every color" and indeed they are!  What a great little artist!




Tomorrow we have one softball game (so far we're 2-0 in this tournament!!!!) then I have a date with my sewing machine for the rest of the day. 

I want to do a sew-a-long with Laura .   The block she is using is the Japanese + and x block.  I'm not crazy about the block at all and almost thought about not doing it.  Instead I'm gonna forge on, use some of those scraps and try to make it a block I love!  I'll let you know how it goes.  I wanted to start yesterday but still haven't gotten to it.  I'll make a few blocks tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment