Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Monday, May 30, 2011

A little bit organized

Yesterday I decided to sort through my scraps that were sitting next to my sewing machine.  You see, my machine is in the living room because the basement is just too dark and I wasn't sewing.  The hubs thinks quilting helps with my depression so he moved my best friend upstairs and wa la!  I've been sewing since.  So, anyway, the scraps and mess I make are very visible and very much in the way.  I decided to clean it up a little and I think I ended up sorting through just about all the fabric I own.  That took a lot of trips up and down the stairs but I now have a very tidy corner in the basement of all my fabric, magazines, supplies, etc.  Last week the basement flooded and I learned my lesson so now it is no longer in boxes or on the floor!  
This is what it looked like about 2hours in.  The laundry basket on the floor and two bags in front of it are all small scraps divided by color.  I hope to make a few string quilts and maybe some coin quilts out of and maybe some other scrap quilts I've seen out of all those scraps!

Saturday we went to my nephews graduation in Omaha.  It's always fun to see family and friends.  I haven't seen his mother in years.  Even though his parents are divorced, they did an awesome job of raising him together!  This is Aaron's t-shirt quilt.  He was very involved in band and drama.  In the top row is an Orange Bowl shirt because his band performed at halftime that year.

wasn't it nice of my brother to dress to match the quilt?

Aaron's grandmother also made him a quilt.  When I heard she was going to I told Aaron that he just needed to let her make one and I would do something different.  He told me no!  He'd been saving t-shirts so I could make him a quilt and his grandma was going to do something different anyway.  Here's what she did!


29 pictures of Aaron through the last 17.5 years!  Wow!  This had to be sooo much work but it's beautiful.  Did you notice it's hanging out the window?  That's cuz it's 10ft long!  It's hard to see but the upper left of the middle section of the quilt is a picture of Aaron and my mom.  She died 11yrs ago when Aaron was 6.  How special to include her!

Tonight I've been working on my log cabin quilt.  I'm so close to joining my blocks I can almost taste it!  I'll finish the last of the blocks tomorrow and hopefully have a quilt top tomorrow or Wednesday so stay tuned!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found us! Great little blog you have here...I'm having fun looking though :)

    ReplyDelete