Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some new quilt blocks and a catcher

I've been enjoying quite a bit of sewing time lately.  I started a new quilt for me that didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.  I put it away for now but I have a plan.  I think I'll add some more white and then it'll be better.  Right now its just too busy!



I started a new commissioned quilt.  It was actually commissioned quite a while ago but then my friend lost his job.  Things are looking up for him so the quilt is back on!  It's a Log Cabin with a Barn
Raising layout.  We chose cream, blue and green.  I'm using Eleanor Burn's quit in a day and even though its taking a lot longer than a day, I love the technique!  Here's a sneak peak of "The Good Life"


We had a very busy Thursday thru Sunday with softball.  When Caitlyn started on this team last year she was supposed to be a catcher but was never given the chance.  They finally put her in for the double header on Thursday and she did AWESOME!  So awesome in fact, they put in her in for the first two tournament games on Saturday!  She had some great base hits and a great catch in left field (the 3rd game of the day Saturday).  They didn't place in the tournament but they did well and finally started hitting the ball!
That's my Caitlyn!

Today was somewhat of an exciting day.  E got a state writing award which only 3 students in her school got!  She's not into sports like her sister but she's sure a smartie!  I also got a job today!  I will be an ER nurse as soon as I pass my boards.  Yay for happy days!

Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment