Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Friday, May 13, 2011

Where have I been?

Wow!  I can't believe its been so long.  Life has really gotten in the way of my quilting.  I finally finished nursing school and now I'm job hunting.  The kids are keeping me busy with all their activities too.  After a bout with depression this winter, I'm FINALLY quilting again!  Two nephews and one niece are graduating from highschool so most of my time has been dedicated to making their quilts.

This is Tayler's quilt.  She didn't want a t-shirt quilt because she wasn't really involved in much and doesn't like her school.  Instead, I made this to match her personality.  The back is a red bandana fabric which I also used for the binding.  Since I love scrap quilts, this one turned out spledidly!  My quilter was on the mend from her 2nd knee replacement so I had to find someone else.  Her prices were A LOT higher and I'm not so sure I'm in love her quilting style, but she came to my rescue and got this done on time for Tayler's graduation so I am thankful for that!


This quilt was a request from a friend.  She is using it as a raffle quilt to raise money for her local Republican Party.  I had a really hard time getting this one done thanks to that awful winter depression but I finally finished it.  I ordered the stars from Keepsake Quilting a few years ago and added fabric I had on hand along with the beautiful red and patriotic blue fabrics I found at Joann's.  My quilter did a wonderful job quilting it and made the stars stand out.  I'm happy with the end result! (unfortunately I think this pic was before it was quilted.  I really need to take the process pledge and take pics as I go!)



The 3rd quilt (also the 2nd graduation quilt) is in the dryer as I type so I'll post pics of that one next.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment