Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Thursday, August 26, 2010

I heart scraps!

Scrap quilts are my absolute favorite!  It might be because I don't have to match any colors - the scrappier the better!  I've always struggled with what to do with my scraps so I'm going to do a few posts about scraps.  As I stated in my last post, I am working on a flannel 9 patch.  I picked out large scraps that would yeild at least 5 3x3" squares.  Each 9 patch has only 2 different fabrics, one scrap fabric and a cream colored flannel (because I had a lot of that on hand).  I am using another flannel that I had quite a bit of for sashing.  This pattern is especially easy and quick becuase you can chain piece all the squares.  Since my quilt will be a lap size quilt, I went with 49 blocks (7x7) and 2" sashing.  I hope to finish up the quilt top this weekend and I will post pics then. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment