Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things usually don't turn out the way I plan

My friend Dee told me she makes Bow Tie quilts out of old shirts for "boy" quilts.  I thought I would try it with some of the homespun plaids and stripes that I had.  I started in and then realized I didn't have as much fabric as I thought.  So I improvised with borders.  This isn't at all what I planned but I love it - I'm not so sure the picture does it justice.  One block is going the wrong way, but that just adds character.  I sent this picture to my husband and he said one of my corners is off.  Ok, first of all, it's hanging on a curtain!  Second, when did he become such a critic?  Truth is, he's my biggest fan and his input is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment