Welcome to the Everyday Quilter

Thanks for checking out my blog



Saturday, August 14, 2010

My first blog

Hello!  This is the first time I have ever blogged.  I am hoping this will help me keep better track of my quilts.  Quilting is my passion, though I don't do the actual quilting.  I usually stay with pretty simple patterns but I am beginning to expand my horizons some.  I am really drawn to scrap quilts.  Maybe because at first they seem so unorganized and almost ugly, but as soon as they are done, they are beautiful!  I'm trying to get into selling quilts but we'll have to see how that goes.  It would be nice to bring in some money while I'm in school and not working.

I have several projects in the works right now.  I am binding a Dick and Jane baby quilt, making a graduation quilt for my niece Tayler, doing a BOM following the book "The Farmer's Wife", I have a yet to be named pink baby quilt that needs quilted and about 4 scrap quilts in the works.  I almost forgot, I have one at the quilter's that just needs binding, my son's big boy quilt (just needs to go to the quilter) and my English Paper Pieced hexagon quilt.  Wow!  That sounds overwhelming now that I read it!  Yet, there are so many more I want to do. 

Joann's had their novelty fabric on sale so I just had to go.  I ended up buying some really cute Debbie Mumm fabric.  One group had a pirate theme and the other was a really cute owl fabric.  True to my nature, I overspent, but I did get some of the sale fabric too!  If I get this blog thing figured out, I'll post pics tomorrow.

One last thing.  I am following http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/ 1million pillowcase challenge.  I am donating mine to the local mission and to soldiers in the Nebraska National Guard who are serving in Iraq.  If you have time, go to the website, check it out and make a few pillowcases.  They have several patterns but I follow the basic pattern.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment